How to add a photo to a folder?

gizmo
When multi-uploading to Jpegbay.com, all my photos go into the gallery with one photo representing that upload, whether it is one or 30 photos. When I do that again, another photo represents that upload.  I can either name these as folders or just look at them and know what they represent. If I want to upload one photo to any of these already uploaded "folders", even though not named, how is it done? I tried uploading one photo and then dragging it into the previous upload of photos, but it doesn't work. Can someone help me here. I highlighted the photo and dragged it to the other set of photos, but it would not drag.

thanks

Re: How to add a photo to a folder?

Let's clarify some things first:
One photo represents a gallery - not a folder. Btw. galleries consist of photos.

Folder is something that logically groups your galleries. It has no photos - only galleries.

To do what you want, you need to highlight the photo and click "Pictures in Gallery" - it will show you all the pictures within the highlighted gallery. Then you can upload additional image(s) etc.

Click "Pictures in Gallery" again to return to gallery view.

Re: How to add a photo to a folder?

gizmo
Yes, thank you for responding. I understand that the photo that you want to upload will upload into that gallery, but it won't upload into the "set" of photos that you uploaded to represent an item for an ebay listing.  I understand that it will upload the photo into the gallery, but it will set there as a separate photo. How do you combine this extra photo into your HTML code to show it in your ebay listing?

Am I confusing you as to what I am asking. As I see it now, it appears to me that I have to upload a new "set" of photos at one time in order to include that other photo that was not uploaded before. Delete the original upload of that group from JPEGbay.com, delete the HTML code out of my Ebay listing by revising, and include new HTML code in listing since a new file name is now included that was not present before. That is the only way I can see including a new upload of a photo that was not originally uploaded for a listing. Doesn't the new upload, even though a single photo, represent a new gallery? That is what happened when I did what you posted.  Just tried it again and it again created a new gallery. Am I correct or am I wrong? Thank you for answering as I appreciate it, as it seems much easier just to start all over again by uploading a new set of photos for a new gallery with its new HTML code, as it does not appear possible to be able to merge different galleries into one, mainly for the purpose of grouping all these photos in your ebay listing, as each gallery has a different number.

Re: How to add a photo to a folder?

Hi again,

A picture is worth thousand words - a video even more ;-) - so have a look at this: http://jpegbay.com/faq/?id=faq_130-how-to-rotate-replace-delete-picture

It shows how to enter "picture editing" mode. In this mode you can also upload an additional photo into the gallery (a gallery is a "set of photos" you mentioned).

You can select/highlight some photo and choose "Add picture after" action - and it will upload after the selected image. If you don't select/highlight any image it ill upload as first image.

Regarding the HTML code - if you add a new picture into the gallery, the HTML does change. So you'd have to edit your listing, remove old code and paste a new one (freshly copied from JpegBay).

BUT I think we're now talking about two different things - you don't need to upload whole new gallery, delete the old gallery and replace the HTML code, just to add one additional photo. It can be done the way I tried to describe above.

If you eventually manage to upload a new photo into your gallery and you don't replace the html code the new picture won't be visible in the listing. BUT when you click on some other picture you'll see the gallery page and it will contain the new picture. So replacing the html code isn't really a must.