Quantcast

centering

carol
whilst I'm on here (and waiting for uploads!!!!) could anyone tell me why my pics are not centering on Ebay - have tried highlighting and then clicking the ebay  "centre" button to no avail.
My pics used to centre automatically before the Jpeg update
Also as someone else mentioned - my pics do not appear in the order I upload them anymore, I have to select one and then upload to make sure that is the first picture whereas  before the update I didn't need to do this.
For me the update / improvement has been more work :( thinking of leaving my paid for premium account unless it's sorted.

Re: centering

emid
Administrator
Hi, how do you create your listings? Do you use TurboLister or a similar application or do you list directly from eBay page? I've just tried to make a simple listing and my gallery was centered.

If the ordering of photos is wrong, you can reorder them after uploading simply by dragging them to the right positions.

Re: centering

carol
Hi I'm just listing directly as I did before so I'm not sure why it's now doing this.
The problem with adjusting the order of photo's is the same as another person said - time! there must have been some sort of code now in place that wasn't there before it won't just be me complaining about this - I'm sure there are many more that just won't say anything.
It would be great if this could be returned to how it was.

Re: centering

emid
Administrator
I think I replied in the other thread that the order of files does not depend on JPEGbay. JPEGbay opens a file selection dialog and then it just receives a list of selected files. We don't have any impact on the ordering of files that we get from the open-file dialog.

From what I see Windows returns a list of files in the order which is determined by sort order in your folder - so, in particular, it ignores the order in which you selected/clicked the photos. And I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about it - except of course the workaround that you found in another post.

Re: centering

emid
Regarding the centering problem - can you send (to info@jpegbay.com) either a screenshot showing the centering problem, or better the entire html code copied from your description.