ebay's new rules soon concerning active content in auctions

ebay's new rules soon concerning active content in auctions

oldworlde
Hello, I would like to use the "click to enlarge" for my photos in the Auction Template you provide, but will this feature still work after ebay removes all Active Content from seller listings later this year, Thanks, Steve.

Re: ebay's new rules soon concerning active content in auctions

emid
Administrator
If the links don't have target="_blank" (which means to open in a new window) then it should work. In fact it's still not clear what ebay will do with external links. Right now all links work as if they had target=_blank. If ebay does nothing, all links will either not work or will open within the description area (iframe). And some websites (think wikipedia, google, yt etc) don't link to be opened in an iframe so such links will effectively not work either. Check the preview mode in ebay to see how things will work after the 2017 changes.

Re: ebay's new rules soon concerning active content in auctions

nouveauphoto
I just received an eMail from eBay today that appears to say that all active content will no longer be allowed.

<<>><<>>
We're writing to let you know that as of March 14, 2017, at least 13 of your listings on the eBay.com sites contain active content. Active content (e.g. JavaScript, Plug-ins or Flash, iFrame and Form actions) will no longer display in your eBay listings starting in June 2017.

While your listings will still remain active, certain text, images, and other elements may not display as intended once active content is disabled. See the table below for specific examples from your listings.

Removing active content from your listings will give you the following benefits:
Improved performance on mobile devices
Faster load times
A more secure marketplace
<<>><<>>

Advice PLEASE, Thanks, John

Re: ebay's new rules soon concerning active content in auctions

emid
Administrator
Unless we missed something, our galleries have never used active content, so we should be on the safe side. Does the preview mode give you any errors?