request: support for PNG image format

eadmaster
I have a few B&W scanned pages i'd like to upload, they are <100kb big.
I'd like to upload them without converting to JPEG (it isn't good for text).

Re: request: support for PNG image format

Hi and thanks for suggestion!
We'll consider that, but - frankly - it would required quite a lot of changes while providing little benefit. So I guess there is little chance it will be done. Does the image quality really degrade that much when converting to Jpeg?

Re: request: support for PNG image format

eadmaster
Of course not if i set a low compression level.
Btw i think users should be warned if the uploaded image format is unsupported.