vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com

Giovanni
since few days, my galleries don't work anymore as expected.
ebay auctions still show the frame but all links to pictures are broken by prefix "vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/".
anyone experiencing the same issue with that?

Re: vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com

emid
Administrator
We've just got another report about this issue and found more people having the same problem:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Html-not-working-in-listings/m-p/25038515

It looks like some problem with eBay - they remove double slashes "//"
from URLs and then all links and images no longer work.

I'd recommend reporting this error to eBay.

Re: vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com

Giovanni
Hi Emid,

thanks for your fast reply...i see, it looks like the ebay editor has an important bug.
i've been reporting the error as you suggested, i guess it will affects all new and
freshly-edited auctions, soon they will get an huge number of reports about it.

Re: vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com - Update

Giovanni
Dear Emid,

i've been following threads about the issue on Ebay forums, many users complain
about the same error and all of them use different hosting sites.
i've got also replys from Ebay customer service to my report, they've confirmed reception
of several reports but explanations about why sound totally flimsy and leak any consistency,
"there isn't any problem about our editor".
it looks like a clear attempt to silently ban hosting sites and their free services,
in order to increase payed pictures hosted on Ebay.

Re: vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com - Update

emid
Administrator
It's possible too, but I still believe that it's just a bug - they not only block images from external servers but also all external links. For example if you link to some instruction manual or some review website, such links are also broken. Also listing templates will stop working if they're based on external images (and they usually are).

I also have an impression that not all users are affected by this error. This could be the reason why they aren't treating those error-reports very seriously.